Thursday, December 24, 2009

Climbing

I parked at the new trail head today after deciding that climbing the Hurl would have to wait for another day. I just didn't think that I would have time to climb that bear today. Instead, I opted for exploring a trail that I had seen when climbing towards the Potosi mountain range.
Normally, you would climb almost directly west towards the mountains ending in a tough but short climb to the top of the trail. Instead this trail meanders in a more SW direction. I guess the climbing isnt quite as strenuous but my heart rate was still pounding in my ears a few times. A fairly new trail by the looks of things with ribbon still in a few places where the trail builder forgot to take down. Eventually, as I found out, I ended up connecting into the same trail at almost the same height as the original trail, I just had a bit more fun doing it.
As I stood at the end of the new trail debating what to do next I realized that the sun had dipped behind the range and it was getting pretty darn cold. What better way to end the ride this day then to ride the new trail back down, experiencing the trail in a new way and in a much shorter period of time.
I did stop to take a few pictures and a short video clip as I neared the end of this days ride. Here is the video clip. You can hear the cold wind blowing and see some snow up in the Potosi foothills.

Untitled from Shawn Young on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment